An INDOOR Live Virtual Tour conducted by me from my home in Melbourne using live video-conferencing software
An INDOOR Live Virtual Tour conducted by me from my home in Melbourne using live video-conferencing software and digital resources.
From the comfort of your home, I warmly invite you to join a virtual tour of Melbourne's highlights. This is a perfect tour to introduce you to what makes our city such a special place to visit.
Its hard to choose 'the best' sights because there are so many! Instead, I will show examples of our beautiful gardens. We will then turn our attention to my favourite grand building, one of only four cultural sights in Australia that has UNESCO heritage listing.
Then, to mix things up, we will look at one of our edgy new precincts that initially divided Melbournian opinion for a couple of years until we finally decided that we love it!
On this tour, you will not only 'see' Melbourne, but also come to understand more deeply some of our history, culture and people.
A good internet connection is required to experience this tour.
1. Check in, welcome, introductions and explanation of tour
2. Fitzroy Gardens - a beautiful backdrop to the city, Australia's oldest building, the Fairies Tree and Tudor Village
3. Royal Exhibition Building - Melbourne's grandest building, a UNESCO heritage listed site, played an important role in Australia becoming a nation
4. Federation Square - modern edgy architecture, Melbourne's largest open gathering place, commemorates Australia's centenary
5. Wrap up, answer additional questions and arrange extra resources
Send your Live Virtual Tour booking link to up to 10 friends, and explore Melbourne together.
Keep exploring the world with a local guide…from the safety of home!
Private, real-time virtual tours with a local guide: history, cooking, culture and more!
Visit a place you’ve always dreamed of, or re-visit an old favourite with a local expert.
Redeem 100% of the value of your Live Virtual Tour (to a limit of $150 USD) when you book a future, in-person tour with the same guide.
Duration: 1 hour
Please note that the start times for this tour are shown in UTC+10 hours (Melbourne); and so please remember to consider the time difference when selecting a start time for your Live Virtual Tour. The earliest (Melbourne) start time for this tour is 0700. To check the local time in your own location CLICK HERE
- Guiding Services